Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Stop on the Journey

This will be my last blog for a while.  I am not sure how long.  I strongly believe in the spiritual discipline of fasting.  I will spend time fasting physically from food and mentally as well from television, radio and the computer.  I need direction from God in many areas of my life.  I don't want to stumble through on my own.  I know that I will just make a mess of things.  I am at the point where I desperately need His direction.  I am seeking His direction in many areas.

  • Spiritual:  I need to know where God would have me be in church. It is that simple.
  • Physical:  I am praying for friends who are struggling with physical issues.  I am also praying for my physical needs and decisions.  What should I do with this house?  What do we need to do with college coming up for Lily?
  • Emotional:  I am praying for a sound mind for me and my girls.  2 Timothy 1:7 says that God has given us a sound mind.  One commentator puts it this way.  "The concept of a 'sound mind' has more to do with our attitude than we may realize. If our mind is sound, it is not cluttered up with the cares of this world. Its processes start with God and end with God."
  • Relational:  I need God's direction as I sail through these uncharted waters in my life.  When I said my vows twenty-one years ago, I thought that I would never be traveling this road, but here I am.  There is no doubt that I will make a mess of it without God.  
To all of you who have shared my journey, laughed with me, cried with me, and most importantly, prayed for me, I am forever grateful.  I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that I am where I am because of your love and support.

This is not the end of my blog.  I just need to make a road stop on my Unplanned Journey and spend some time alone with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment